The first step in filing for bankruptcy is to fill out the confidential questionnaire and personal property list. In addition, you will need to gather the following documentation for your meeting with Angela:
- An alphabetical list of your creditors (people you owe money to) their complete addresses and approximate amount you owe them. The list should be handwritten or if it is typed please sign your name at the bottom of the list. Listing your creditors in alphabetical order will help you to make sure you do not miss any creditors.
- Copies of your State and Federal Income Tax Returns (W2’s and 1099’s) for the past two years.
- The last 6 months of paystubs, pay records or gross revenue/expenses state monthly for businesses.
- Certificates of Titles for any and all vehicles. If you do not have the Certificate of Title, bring the document that you get to purchase your license tabs with (it should have the VIN on it). If you lease your car, bring in a copy of the lease.
- A list of sources of income other than employment, if any.
- Bring your driver’s license or some other identification with your photo on it and your social security card.
- A copy of any checking or saving account statements for the last 2 months.
- Copies of your mortgage on any real estate together with a copy of the most recent Real Estate Tax Statement.
Once you have this documentation gathered, call Lallemont Law, LLC for your free initial consultation with Angela. At the consultation, Angela will review your assets, go through your budget and review your debts. After the review, Angela will provide you the background information to move you toward debt relief.